Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Delta Airlines charges troops to bring home bags from Afghanistan



Unreal.  Corporate greed never ceases to amaze me.  

"We had four bags, and Delta Air Lines only allows three bags. Anything over three bags you have to pay for, even though there’s a contract between the United States government and Delta Air Lines when returning from Afghanistan on military orders, you’re authorized up to four bags. [...] We actually had to end up paying, out of pocket, our own money, to allow that fourth bag to be taken on the plane. [...] For me [the fourth bag] was a weapons case…the tools that I use to protect myself and Afghan citizens while I was deployed in the country."

Delta charged the soldiers $200 each for their fourth bag.  The unit ended up paying an additional $2800.

Welcome back.


No comments:

Post a Comment